Saturday 18 June 2011

Start the day off right: Slimming World breakfast ideas

Are you stuck for Slimming World breakfast ideas? It's easy to fall into a same old, same old routine at the start of the day... and it's uninspiring to say the least. Sticking to a 'diet' is hard enough, but combatting boredom could be the thing which pushes you off the proverbial wagon!

So... start as you mean to go on and try some of these ideas:

A syn-free bacon sandwich

I love bacon sandwiches on a lazy Saturday morning. So I've swapped mine for a syn-free twist on it! I roast off 2 beefsteak tomatoes with frylight, balsamic vinegar and italian herbs. I serve this on a large slice of wholemeal toast (HeB) with 2 rashers of turkey bacon on the top. When I'm feeling really decadent I add grated low fat cheese (HeA) and/or a poached egg.  Yum!

Luxury banana yoghurt
Chop up some bananas and mix with Total 0% fat Greek Yoghurt. Add a dash of cinnamon.   Options: honey, flaked almonds (3.5 syns), granola (HeB)

Cheese-y scrambled eggs on toast
Scramble some eggs in the microwave. Add in a low fat cheese triangle (HeA) and serve on toast. 

Apple cinnamon porridge
1 Oats so simple original packet (HeB) with grated apples and cinnamon 

Syn-free Frittata
Morning's can be really hectio in my house. So it helps to be able to just grab something quick from the freezer and microwave it. Frittatas are perfrect for this... and you can put whatever you want in it, too! This week mine had: 8 eggs, boiled potatoes (sliced), 50 g low fat cheese, sliced mushrooms, onions, peas, cherry tomatoes and spring onions. After cooking I cut it into 6 wedges and froze them. Now all I need to do is take one out of the freezer the night before and microwave for two minutes in the morning. 


 

No comments: